Hi everyone Abdul Raheem’s here and welcome back to my blog and if you’re craving a bohemian trip but don’t want it to be anything less than extraordinary then stick with my 3 best Sandals Resort in the Bahamas.
Sometimes planning a vacation can be more tedious than enjoyable. Especially for the country like the Bahamas. Which is filled with so many wonderful hotels and resorts to choose from.
In this blog, we’ll be exploring the 3 best Sandals resorts in the Bahamas, highlighting each one’s unique features and what makes them stand out from the rest.
Here are the list of 3 best Sandals resorts in the Bahamas:
Sandals Emerald Bay
In this review, I will share my experience at the all-inclusive Sandals Resort Emerald Bay located in Exuma, Bahamas. While it wasn’t the most luxurious place I’ve stayed at, it was one of the most luxurious all-inclusive resorts I’ve visited. Here are my ratings for different aspects of the resort:
- The beach was stunning with a beautiful shade of turquoise water. It was long and not overcrowded, making it peaceful and quiet. However, there were limited lounge chairs, so you had to wake up early to reserve them. Rating: 4.5 stars
- There were several different pools at the resort. The main pool was large but quite loud and had a party atmosphere, making it difficult to find a seat. The quiet pool nearby was less noisy and warmer, making it more enjoyable. The spa pool was out of the way and not used much. Rating: 4.5 stars
- The room was a little dated, but the view was pretty. The bed had a musty smell and the pillows smelled like beef, which was unpleasant. The staff quickly changed the bed without any hassle. Rating: 2 stars
- The staff was friendly and helpful throughout our trip. Although I’ve heard that other resorts have better staff, I have no complaints about the service I received. Rating: 4.5 stars
- The grounds were stunning and well-kept with lots of palm trees and flowers. There were many places to lounge around the resort and play lawn games like croquet, giant chess, and shuffleboard. Rating: 5 stars
- The food was surprisingly good, with many dining options, including Italian, Indian, Japanese, French, and British. Rating: 4 stars
- The resort offered many activities such as boating, paddleboarding, kayaking, and snorkeling. However, the water was too choppy for boating, which was disappointing. There were also other activities like bead making and volleyball at the pool. Rating: 4 stars
- Sandals offered a few excursions, with the most popular being swimming with pigs or visiting a sandbar. We chose to do the sandbar excursion, which was incredible and part of a half-day trip including boating, fish and turtle watching, stingray petting, and snorkeling. However, the excursions are not included in the all-inclusive resort price and can be pricey. Rating: 5 stars
- Overall, Sandals Resort Emerald Bay is a great place to go if you’re on a budget, but it didn’t meet my high standards. I would rate this trip 3.9 out of 5 stars.
Viva Wyndham Resort
Wyndham fortuna beach located on the southern coast of Grand Bahama near free port. This Resort is one of the few all-inclusive resorts on the entire island with 274 rooms spread out over 26 acres. Over looking as weeping stretch of golden sand.
- Especially popular with families. I appreciate to included non-motorized sports like each volley ball and kayaking and the viva Kids Club. Because of its lower price it doesn’t offer much luxury but does check off all the boxes for a good all-inclusive vacation.
- There are 274 rooms that take up two storey bunga low style buildings. Along both sides of the main lobby there’re two main distinctions as far as decor and views between the garden. Seabee rooms and connecting rooms and baby cribs are available upon request for families for dining.
- Breakfast can choose between the main canteen called Junkanoo for all meals throughout the day. Which does get crowded especially at breakfast and lunch. All the cart restaurants, the Asian themed bamboo and italian-themed viva cafe. The pizza there is an all-day snack bar serving meats at ham burgers and hot dogs.
- Next to the beach but be sure to watch out for the sea gulls they really like this area. It has free amenities including ocean front trapeze with instructors two tennis courts and nice fitness centerand. A water sports center with kayaks snorkel gear and wind surfing along the beach.
- An animation team is punctual by the pool area during the whole day and then performs in the theater after dinner. For about an hour each night and the staffis very happy to arrange any trip around the island for you as well. So again nothing super fancy with this but a great deal for an all-inclusive Bahamas vacation especially for families.
Small hope bay lodge
This is a very underrated all-inclusive Resort located on Andros Island. Just a short flight from Nassau. If your idea of a great all-inclusive vacation is a quiet seclude then you’ll love it throughout the whole year. The property is laid out in a straight line with the main lodge and all of the cabins facing the beach front with a long dock extending into the water and the unique layout means you’ll never be far from an ocean view.
- Winding paths lined with palm trees circle the property and a nice touches. The numerous hammocks sprinkled around the cabins andby the water in the central lodge to one side. A cheery sun room has plenty of games like a chess set. Checkers board couches and knick knacks and then just outside of grill and multiple wooden tables and chairs sit on a deck by the water where meals are served in good weather.
- Small hoops cabins are short. One-story wooden buildings lined up in a row facing the beach inside. You can choose from one or two bedroom cabins and amenities. These are basic but include air conditioning safes and each cottage hasits own small cement porch with a pair of wooden chairs.
- Small hoops bay has two lovely beaches separated by the out door dining area on the dock. The deep beachis on the rough side but it’s long and very pretty with white sand and turquoise water is perfect for kayaking or sailing and to the other side the shallow beach runs along the cabins separated by a low rock wall and it offers calm peaceful weather.
- The water is perfect for swimming. You can even sun bathe on the lounger sand near by wooden platforms. Which provide overlook point. Knowledge able staff conducts numerous area activities. But they are not guided multiple diving trips include cavern diving, wreck dives shark diving as well circling fishing sailing and birding.
There’s an activities Board in the lounge that’s updated date leads to check that out and in addition to planned activities. The resort offers free subway surfers sail boats, kayaks paddle boards and bicycles. The main cabin holds the restaurant and bar. The food is simple but tasty with dinners usually consisting of a meat and fish and salads and side dishes like macaroni pie.
I’m sure small hope Bay is not your typical idea of an all-inclusive resort but if you’re looking to get lost in nature and have end less activity options all for a great rate. I think this property should not be overlooked because it offers a great inclusive experience.
Don’t forget to Share Your experience about best Sandals Resort in the Bahamas
Sandals Royal Bahamian is often considered the best Sandals Resort in the Bahamas. It is located in Nassau and offers a wide range of luxurious amenities and activities. The resort has several swimming pools, 10 restaurants, and 8 bars, as well as a private offshore island for guests to enjoy. The resort also has a reputation for excellent customer service.